This Policy applies to our clients to whom we provide services (“Clients”), our Clients’ employees, vendors, agents, and stakeholders (collectively referred to throughout as “Hotline Users”) and to those individuals who browse and use our Site (“Visitors”).
In order to ensure your privacy, information Expolink collects from its Clients, Hotline Users and Visitors to its Website (www.expolink.co.uk) and Websites hosted by Expolink for its Clients (all referred to throughout as a “Website”) is used only in the manner and for the purposes described in this Policy.
The purpose of this Policy is to explain the types of information that Expolink collects, what we do with that information, and with whom we share this information. Anyone who provides personally identifiable information (“Personal Data”) or any other information to us consents to the collection, use and disclosure of such information under the terms of this Policy.
Expolink abides by the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU Data Protection Directive (also known as Directive 95/46/EC) regarding the collection, use and retention of Personal Data collected within the European Union by us through the Website or the use of any of the services provided by Expolink.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we follow generally accepted industry standards and have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Expolink has deployed a wide variety of technology and security features to ensure the privacy of Personal Data that is collected through its services and via the Website. We have implemented strict operational guidelines to safeguard data privacy and data security. All employees of Expolink sign confidentiality agreements and we conduct background checks on all new employees.
Expolink will continue to revise policies and implement additional security features as new technologies become available. Unfortunately, no system is perfect; therefore, Expolink makes no representations or warranties with regard to the sufficiency of these security measures nor will we be responsible for any actual or consequential loss (or any other damages or liability of any kind whatsoever) that result from a lapse in compliance with this Policy because of a security breach or technical malfunction.
What Information Do We Collect?
Expolink may collect any information or Personal Data that is provided to us by our Clients, our Hotline Users or Visitors. This includes, but is not limited to:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address, postal address and telephone number
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- with regard Expolink’s corporate compliance hotline, we collect information from our Hotline Users that assists our Clients to investigate compliance with laws, regulations, policies and procedures. Hotline Users may voluntarily report corporate compliance matters through our telephone reporting hotlines, Website reporting services, email and other services provided by Expolink (collectively referred to as the “Services”). Expolink is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of our Clients and Hotline Users. Our Hotline Users who use our various reporting Services always have the option to remain anonymous and not to provide any Personal Data when raising corporate compliance issues. In addition, Visitors can browse the Website anonymously without revealing Personal Information. All Clients enter into written contracts with Expolink authorising us to collect information from Hotline Users. The collection of this information results in a written report prepared by Expolink which is then sent securely only to authorised individuals within our Clients’ company.The information that is provided to Expolink on behalf of its Clients by Hotline Users is used by Expolink only to prepare reports for its Clients and for no other purpose. Unless required by law or by a valid court order or as otherwise discussed in “Sharing Personal Data”, this information is only shared with our Clients with your approval.
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
How We Use The Information Collected
In general, we require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping
- to improve our products and services
- we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
- Clients Employees: Expolink only uses Personal Data obtained from our Hotline Users to allow Clients to investigate allegations of wrongdoing in the workplace or allegations that require investigations required by applicable laws, rules and regulations, and otherwise to manage the Clients’ ethics and compliance programmes. Before any Hotline Users disclose Personal Data to Expolink in connection with providing a report, that Hotline User is notified of the option to remain anonymous or to consent to providing Personal Data to us. Expolink does not collect and use any Personal Data from Hotline Users unless they have agreed to provide their Personal Data to us. Expolink will not pass on any Personal Data provided by Hotline Users to their employer without that individual’s consent
- Visitors: When Visitors to the Website request that the Company contact them, Expolink’s Website registration form requires those Visitors to provide specific contact information such as name, telephone number and e-mail address. Expolink uses the contact information from the registration form to send the individual information about us. Expolink also uses Personal Data obtained from Visitors to the Website to respond to questions, comments and other requests from these individuals, including responding to inquiries about employment vacancies
You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003. By supplying us with information, you confirm that you do not consider the use of your information in accordance with this Policy to be a breach of any of your rights under the Telecommunications (Data Protection and Privacy) Regulations 1999. By entering information on forms or providing us with any Personal Data you are consenting to us processing that data for our own business use and holding it on our servers.
Sharing Personal Data
Expolink will not disclose, sell, lease, distribute, share, trade or give away an individual’s Personal Data to any third party, except under one or more of the following circumstances:
- Consent: If the Hotline User has consented to the disclosure of his or her Personal Data, Expolink may share such Personal Data with their employer. Except as provided in this Policy, Expolink does not share Hotline Users’ Personal Data with any other party for any purpose
- Protection of Expolink and Others: Expolink may disclose Personal Data about you to others: (i) if we have a good faith and reasonable belief that we are required or permitted to do so by law or legal process; (ii) in connection with legal or administrative proceedings; (iii) to protect the rights, reputation, property or safety of Expolink or others; or (iv) to defend or enforce Expolink’s rights or our Clients’ obligations
Controlling Your Personal Data
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your Personal Data in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the Website, you can use the comments box to inform us that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at marketing@ expolink.co.uk
- You may request details of Personal Data which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A fee of £10 per request is payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The Data Protection Controller, Expolink Europe Ltd, 1 Greenways Business Park, Bellinger Close, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 1BN, UK
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect
Linked Internet Websites
For the convenience of our Clients, Hotline Users and Visitors, Expolink provides hyperlinks to valuable resources that are related to the products and services that we provide, such as reference documents published by industry experts and links to relevant laws and regulations. These hyperlinks, which are highlighted words or pictures that will, when clicked, take you to a third-party website not controlled by Expolink. Such hyperlinked, third-party websites may collect and disclose information in a manner that is different from Expolink’s Website. Expolink is not responsible for the collection, use, or disclosure of information collected through these third-party websites, and Expolink expressly disclaims any and all liability related to such collection, use, or disclosure. Expolink does not collect any Personal Data from any persons who click on these hyperlinks located on the Website.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- Enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task
- Recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested
- Measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure they are fast